So it was the moment I’d been waiting for: I had the last two episodes of Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica loaded and ready to watch. When I finished, just five minutes ago, I was left satisfied, yet perplexed. Because I’m too tired to go into anything too in depth, here are the thoughts I had racing through my head while all was going on. These are what I’ll like to call ‘Quick Impressions’. I’ll do Quick Impressions when time is precious, or when I need sleep and have to get a few thoughts about whatever anime I last watched out in the open so I can sleep soundly.
I’ll update with something a bit less filler-ish later on, but for now, here are the random assorted thoughts that I felt needed to be written before I forgot the next morning.
As always, be wary of spoilers. You have been warned.
1. Wow, Kyubey’s a bastard.
2. Don’t do it Madoka! Don’t listen to his unsympathetic psychobabble!
3. C’mon time travel powers, work! Work! Don’t block, you goddamn witch!
4. Dammit, trust Madoka, mom! Do you think the sweetest girl in the universe would go out in a typhoon for any illicit purposes?
5. Homura, don’t die!
6. That witch reminds me of Snow White.
7. For Walpurgis Night, there wasn’t much ‘Night’ going on, even if it was in the witch’s realm.
8. I’m so happy these episodes aired together. Otherwise I would’ve watched episode 11, furious at the cliffhanger ending.
9. Red credits. Snazzy.
10. I never got why ‘cast’ is written like ‘Kiasto’.
11. …Dammit Madoka.
12. Alright, Madoka! Stick that in his smug face!
13. Whoa. Serious End of Evangelion ‘Hug and turn into Tang’ flashbacks.
14. Way to break physics, Madoka. Way to go.
15. If ‘Congratulations!’ pops up at the end of this episode, I’m going to laugh so hard.
16. D’aww, he didn’t forget about her.
17. And the theatre as well. This thing definitely took the Evangelion school of endings.
18. Actually, not nearly as bad though.
19. Ha! Memory wiped Kyubey’s awesome.
20. Apparently the root of all chaotic evil in the universe is a large entourage of giant albino Buddhist monks.
21. That was a pretty rad shot to end on. Even with the apparent ultimate evil lumbering in the background semi-menacingly.